If you’re looking for a great source of interesting web development topics, you need to look no further than the Syntax.fm podcast, a show that is by web developers for web developers and covers a massive range of various web development topics on a weekly basis.
For the past year, Scott Tolinski (from Level Up Tuts) and Wes Bos have been putting out top quality episodes. Taking a look back over the past 12 months, there has been some amazing content and the show has covered some very interesting web development topics.
Below are some of my favourite episodes that I’ve found personally interesting, helpful or enjoyable:
- Preventing and Dealing with Burnout in Web Development
- How to Learn New Things Quickly
- Is jQuery Dead?
- Our favourite Productivity Hacks
- Our Stacks Explained
- Advice for New Developers, Imposter Syndrome and Interviewing at Google
- Fitness, Nutrition, and Losing Weight
- Why is everyone switching to VS Code?
- Hosting & Servers — Heroku, Now, Galaxy, Digital Ocean, Linode, Docker, Netlify and more!
- Large Files – CDNs, Image Compression, Video Hosting, and Big Zips
- Keeping Up with the Codeashians. Dealing with our fast-paced industry.
- 20 Easy Win Performance Tips
- Progressive Web Apps
- Marketing for Developers
- Advice For Beginners – Tech Skills, Applying for Jobs, Focus, Imposter Syndrome + More
- The Undocumented Web – scraping, private APIs, proxies and “alternative solutions”
The show is available to listen to on their website as well as a wide array of audio and podcast services.
If you’re currently a web developer looking to expand their knowledge or is someone who has an interest in the world of web development, give Syntax.fm a bash! It’s definitely one of the better development-centric podcasts out there.